The History of Parkway Fellowship
The Seeds Were Planted
Senior Pastor Mike McGown and his wife Amy, along with 16 other families, founded Parkway Fellowship in September of 2002. With the vision of starting a Purpose-Driven church that effectively serves 10% of the population of this area, the first 17 families stepped out in faith to launch what is now one of the fastest growing churches in America.
The first official service was held in February of 2003 at Cinco Ranch HS, which would be the home of Parkway Fellowship for 7 years. During that time, the church grew, lives were changed and transformed by Christ, and the community saw the impact that Parkway Fellowship would begin to have in Katy and the surrounding region.
A New Location
In February of 2010, the church moved to the location which is currently the Westpark Campus at the corner of FM 1093 Rd. and FM 1463 Rd. At that time, the initial church building was surrounded by cow pastures, but in the past few years, the area has seen unprecedented growth as homes and businesses have begun to surround the church on all sides.
In 2012, the building was expanded to include additional kids and youth space as well as additional office space for the growing ministries and staff. 2011-2013 saw Parkway Fellowship listed as one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Churches in America by Outreach Magazine.
A Church Multiplied
In February of 2014, God expanded Parkway Fellowship into one Church in two locations with the addition of our new permanent location in North Katy which now meets at the corner of Tenth Street & Avenue D in the heart of old Katy. With the region growing so quickly, multiple locations (commonly referred to as a multi-site church) has become the most effective way to impact and effectively serve the community. We are excited for the future that God has for this region and how He is going to use Parkway Fellowship as a part of that plan.